The latest iOS gave iPhone users more control over customizing and managing their lock screens and wallpapers. But in classic Apple fashion, lacking support for discovering or learning these features.
Since Protect with the Liff App helps users set a lock screen to help with lost and found, a guide is needed.
Download & Set the Wallpaper
The first step is actually registering for Protect at any of the partner festivals, like Coachella, EDC, or like the 60 others. But let’s assume you’ve done that already so now we need to get the wallpaper on your phone.
- Long Tap on image > Select Save image
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper
- Click +Add New Wallpaper
- Select Photos (in the top left)
- Select the downloaded Wallpaper
- To reposition your selected image, pinch open to zoom in on it, then drag the image with your finger to move it. Pinch closed to zoom back out. (ensure the QRCode is visible)
- Click Add (in the top right)
- Set as a Pair or Customize the Home Screen
Having multiple wallpapers and swapping at any time has always been challenging, but no longer with the new iOS. Losing a phone at a music festival is overwhelmingly common; we should know. But outside of the festival, you probably don’t need it.
Swap to the festival wallpaper and change back when you’re done. Here’s how:
- From your lock screen
- Long Tap to launch the wallpaper selector
- Swipe to the Wallpaper you want and tap it
Setting a temporary wallpaper is now ideal for your festival experience, and one that helps you with lost and found is a nice perk. Check out more about handy tips for your iPhone, lost and found, and just random stuff we’re thinking about at liffhappens.com.