Data is more precious than gold, even gold iPhones. Your priceless pictures, contacts, text messages, application data, and even phone settings can be frustrating and so terribly sad when lost.
But… software makes that a worry of the past if a device goes missing, with the caveat that you set up a backup BEFOREHAND!
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup if it isn’t already turned on.
- Make sure you are on a WiFi connection and tap Back Up Now
- Check your backup by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device. You should see your latest backup listed.
The first 5GB of files with iCloud Backup are free. If you want more than 5GB of storage in your iCloud backup, you’ll have to pay a monthly fee. For 50GB you’ll pay $0.99 per month. For 200GB the cost is $2.99 per month. And for 1TB Apple charges $9.99 per month.
- Open iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Click File > Devices > Backup or click “Backup Up Now” from Summary page
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Accounts. If you don’t see “Accounts,” tap Users & accounts.
- If you have more than one account on your device, tap the one you want.
- Tap Account sync.
- Tap More Sync now.
Backup the Backup
Using iCloud for Realtime storage, regular iTunes backups for the bulk of your data and finally backing up that computer so your backups don’t go missing either.
We’re fans of BackBlaze but there are plenty of services out there.