Apple Guide to Setting Up an Emergency Contact & Medical ID
- Launch the Health app and go to the Summary tab.
- In the upper-right corner, tap your profile picture.
- Under your profile picture, select Medical ID.
- Tap Edit located in the upper-right corner.
- To make your Medical ID accessible from the Lock screen, toggle on the option for Show When Locked. This will allow others to view your medical information in an emergency.
- To share your Medical ID with emergency responders, turn on the option for Share During Emergency Call. When you contact emergency services via your iPhone or Apple Watch, your Medical ID will automatically be shared with them.
- Enter relevant health information such as your date of birth, allergies, and blood type.
- Once you’re done, tap on Done and you’re good to go!
Android Guide to Setting Up an Emergency Contact & Medical ID
Due to the numerous variations in Android versions, devices, and countries, the process of setting up emergency contacts on Android can differ significantly. However, we’ve found the most up-to-date guide available, which can help you set up emergency contacts on your Android device.